Clergy Deployment Office (CDO) & Positions Open
CANA's CDO is directed by Bishop Julian Dobbs and Brenda Dobbs, who have previous experience helping to manage clergy deployment. Bishop Dobbs says, "We see clergy deployment as an essential ministry of our Anglican church structure--helping congregations discern their leadership needs, and helping clergy discern where they may best serve Jesus and the people of Jesus. There's much more to this than simply developing a job description, posting the job, and people emailing in resumes. The future of a congregation lies in a prayerful and deliberative process of calling new leadership. We want this to be a ministry that blesses not only those who are already members of CANA but also all of our brothers and sisters in the Anglican Church in North America." CDO also helps congregations and para-church ministries advertise key support staff positions that do not require ordained leadership.
- Openings Follow this link to see openings that have been made known to us.
- If your congregation would like to begin the process of searching for a new rector or succession planning, click here to email
- To submit a job description for posting on this site, click here to email
- If you are a cleric in CANA seeking deployment, click here to email
Some things to note:
- Consistent with our Anglican ethos, if you are a cleric in another jurisdiction, you will have to apply for canonical residence or license to minister in CANA prior to starting sacramental ministry in a CANA congregation.
- Once an offer to hire is made, a letter of agreement should spell out the agreed-upon expectations and terms of employment.
- Given that many congregations are in-development or are church plants, some posts may be non-stipendiary or require a supplemental livelihood.